11 March 2010

give thanks: bogs footwear

Who says a gal has to compromise fashion for function? Not the design-savvy folks at BOGS Footwear who sent me an incredibly cute pair of waterproof/weatherproof "Classic High Cosmos Berry" boots for The Global Citizen Project adventures. Thank you, Dustin.
These knee-boots are not only warm, snuggly and way stylish, they have these great little cut-outs which make pulling them on and off super easy (a gripe with previously owned practical boots). And hello, retro flowers! Adorable. I don't want to take these boots off. Ever. My boyfriend thinks I should wear 'em with tights (now that would be a fashion statement). I'm thinking I'll test run 'em during Seattle's next rainstorm and be the belle of the muddy dog park (the gals always talk footwear as we've all managed to trash many pairs of shoes in the name of ChuckIt and stick). Either way, my new BOGS are absolutely perfect for my upcoming travels where in many instances, mud, rainy season and jungle/rainforest-like conditions are certain. Despite their girlish exterior, these boots are tough and ready for whatever scenario my tootsies take me to. I'll be sure to post pix of my BOGS in all-weather action. In the meantime, I'd love a little rain so I can splish, splash and play. Thank you again, BOGS Footwear for helping to outfit me for The Global Citizen Project.

No comments: