07 September 2010

the votes have been tallied, and...


Yay. Yay. Yay. I am over the moon ecstatic. Thanks to your votes, I won a $5,000 voluntourism grant from Travelocity’s Travel for Good® program. I’ve been more than lucky in my 37 years, but this is one of the biggest and bestest honors bestowed upon me. Ever. I’m in awe of how many amazing people I have rooting for me and The Global Citizen Project to succeed. Thank you.

Details are still a bit fuzzy, but I’ll be headed to the Big Apple the week of November 15th for WE tv’s gala award event. This is exactly one week after the 20th anniversary of my mother’s death, so there is a lot personal significance in winning this award beyond its obvious awesomeness. I will also need to pick a voluntourism project from one of Travelocity’s four program partners (tough decision). As if that’s not cool enough, I will also be featured in an upcoming issue of Ladies’ Home Journal and receive a free subscription for my future reading pleasure.


All around, it’s one heckuva win and I am thrilled to accept. I cannot thank you all enough for voting and persevering my incessant reminders to vote. You all rock and I’m so glad you’re on my team. You make me feel like I can do anything.

8 comments:

T1 said...

Congratulations on winning and you should know that I'm very happy for you. The money went to the right person.

Charyn Pfeuffer said...

Thank you! It's a huge honor that so many people believed in me enough to vote (and vote and vote!). Now comes the tough part - trying to figure out which voluntourism project to participate it. Lots of fantastic options. I'm beside myself excited.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to hear about all the good you'll do with that money!

Heather said...

Congrats! Very cool to hear about this contest.

Melvin said...

Wow! Congratulations! Well deserved!

Lola said...

Congratulations!

Raquel Segura said...

Ridiculously proud of you chica!!!! Congrats!

SharonTB said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad that you won. I look forward to hearing what trip you are going to pick.