03 May 2011

headed to the amazon with aqua expeditions to experience m/v aria

You can take the girl off the travel roster, but I guess you really can’t take the traveler out of the girl. I swore off all post-project travel (at least straying from mainland U.S.) for the summer, but when an invite to experience Aqua Expeditions' brand new, super luxe ship, M/V Aria landed in my inbox, I immediately checked the Yellow Fever shot dates on my yellow World Health Organization immunization card. If I had to name my top three favorite places on the planet, the Amazon in Peru would make the final cut. Hands down. I was fortunate to experience this region of the world a few years ago on a similar river itinerary and had eyed Aqua Expedition’s ship. M/V Aqua at the time (M/V Aria's sibling ship).




Here’s the official rundown from Aqua Expeditions:

Aqua Expeditions CEO Francesco Galli-Zugaro announced plans this month to launch the second Aqua Expeditions vessel on the Peruvian Amazon, the M/V Aria, in April 2011. The M/V Aria features 16 specially designed cabins with floor-to-ceiling picture windows, a fully air-conditioned top deck with observation lounge as well as the Aqua Expeditions’ signature Amazon Grill with award-winning Executive Chef Pedro Miguel Schiaffino.


In addition to these amenities, the M/V Aria will also boast an exercise room and an outdoor Jacuzzi with sun deck, a unique addition to accommodate the discerning and fitness conscious traveler.


“We are thrilled to announce the launch of the world’s second five-star luxury vessel to sail the Amazon,” says Galli-Zugaro. “The M/V Aria will provide the ever-growing number of travelers who wish to explore one of the world’s last great wilderness areas with a one-of-a-kind travel experience.”


The boat’s itineraries will vary from those of its sister ship, the M/V Aqua, but will also explore remote areas of the Amazon River. The 24-crew member M/V Aria is staffed with four world-class nature guides and will also include an Amazon wildlife reference library and air-conditioned multimedia room.



While this expedition is not volunteer oriented or part of The Global Citizen Project (which wraps up May 16th), there will be opportunities to visit impoverished villages along the Amazon. I plan on packing an extra suitcase of school supplies, toothbrushes/toothpaste, baby/children’s clothing and any other items that seem useful. I take off for this trip May 22, but if you act now, you can get your do good stuff into my suitcase. (And I'll throw in an extra set of thanks for your efforts!) Please email me at cpfeuffer (at) yahoo (dot) for my mailing addy. Thanks in advance for your help. I really look forward to sharing my M/V Aria experience with you and this spectacular region of the world.


No comments: