29 August 2010

ain't too proud to beg. vote. vote. vote.

I’m a big believer in last ditch, Hail Mary efforts, so here’s mine. (When I say “Hail Mary,” I’m talking football, not the prayer.) You have three days left to vote for me in WEtv’s WE Do Good Awards. In case you haven’t received the 3,946 prior APBs, I’m one of five finalists in the whole U.S. of A. to win a $5,000 voluntourism grant from Travelocity’s Travel for Good Program. If you wanted to, you could vote for me every 24 hours between now and 11:59 EST on August 31, 2010, but really, I’d be happy with just one well-intentioned vote. Please and thank you in advance. There’s a very long list of reasons why I want to win this prestigious award – a once-in-a-lifetime voluntourism opportunity, a feature in Ladies Home Journal, a trip to N.Y.C. to accept said award at a swanky gala, a spot on WEtv, and one personal one I’d prefer not to disclose in the blogosphere. But more than anything, winning this award would be a huge honor and a humbling achievement.

Thank you to everyone who voted while I was volunteering in Mexico, posted voting links to Facebook and Twitter and retweeted my admittedly, not-so-personal (but friendly!) scheduled reminders. I really appreciate everyone’s continued support for The Global Citizen Project more than 12 point type can tell you. Three projects into this year-long tour de force and my eyes, mind and heart are already busting at the seams. Thanks for being part such an important part of the journey and for letting me share the play-by-play with you.

PLEASE VOTE HERE.

No comments: