13 January 2010

giving thanks

I have a lot of reasons to give thanks today. Nine reasons, actually. Big thanks to these nine wonderful new backers who believe in The Global Citizen Project and have made significant pledges to bring the total amount raised to $4,843. I am so close to the $5,000 (or 25%) mark and I have 39 days to go. If  you can help, every single dollar counts and pledges start at $1. I appreciate everyone who has posted my project to their blogs, websites, Facebook and Twitter pages and told their friends. I am hell bent on making this project happen, but recognize that I cannot do it alone. Thank you for all that you've done and all that you continue to do to make The Global Citizen Project a success.

Pat Jones, my dear chef/friend Michael Jones' 84-year-old mother who still teaches ESL in Cachagua (Carmel Valley, CA). She beat breast cancer last year and a busted vertebrae and is currently fighting pneumonia. Please keep Pat in your thoughts for a quick recovery. If she's anything like Michael, I know she's one feisty woman and I hope I get to meet her the next time I'm on the Monterey Peninsula.

Carol Cone of Chairman of Cone, Inc. Carol has been building sustainable partnerships between companies and social issues for more than 25 years. You can follow Carol on Twitter here.

Lisa Jones of LJ Communications, Inc. Lisa handles public relations for Whitefish Visitor Bureau (Montana), a destination I've had on my "To Visit" list for way too long.

Julie Dunn is the former journalist turned public relations pro behind the boutique agency, Dunn Communications in Denver, CO. I'm pleased as punch that our paths will cross later this month in Beaver Creek, CO.

Annie Danger Scott is a newish writer friend in my world. Our paths crossed on the loveliest of press trips in Kapalua, Hawaii. She writers for Gadling.com, Luxist.com and Tonic.com. You can check out Annie's blog, The Annie Scott Experience, here or follow her on Twitter here.

Jennifer Husbands is my super-smarty Ph.D friend from Hillside Elementary School who is changing the world the education from her homebase of Chicago. To this day, I still have fond memories of what she gave me at my 11th birthday at Pancott Gymnastic Center - a gray one shoulder, half tee. (I also rocked a perm in this era.) Thanks for posting TGCP on our Facebook page, too.

Libby Seiter Nelson is also a childhood friend. We haven't been in contact in years, but I will forever remember Libby as the gal who broke all the popular girl stereotypes and was one of kindest, most outgoing and giving people you'd ever meet.

Christopher Howell

Steve Jones

No comments: