26 January 2010

overdue thanks

My apologies for the delay in giving a big, huge, heartfelt thanks to these 11 folks who've pledged The Global Citizen Project over the past week or so. I was in Las Vegas, NV and Beaver Creek, CO for work and got sucked into the Sin City vortex of neon lights, celebrity chef run restaurants, and oh yes, Viva Elvis -- Cirque du Soleil style. Next, I made my way to the Rocky Mountains, where my stay was timed perfectly with round-the-clock snowfall (and some really fun snowshoeing and skiing).

I'm back in home sweet home Seattle and rested and ready for the final 26-day stretch of fundraising for The Global Citizen Project. Right now, 88 backers have pledged $6,110 towards the $20k goal. Time is of the essence as I near the final stretch for fundraising, and I would be greatly appreciative if you’d consider making a pledge. Every little bit helps and you can even pledge less than the cost of a cup of coffee. I haven’t made it this far without tremendous amounts of collaborative kindness and support and thank you in advance for any love you can show to The Global Citizen Project.

With many thanks and gratitude,
Charyn

Now, let's give a big cyber high five to these 11 awesome people:


  • Alberto Inza, friend and founder of Argentina 444, an all-inclusive, 10-day, first class, food-themed travel package taking place over 2010 to four cities in Argentina over four seasons with four renowned chefs -- Nancy Silverton (Osteria Mozza, Los Angeles), Chris Cosentino (Incanto, San Francisco), John Sundstrom (Lark and Licorous, Seattle) and Maria Hines (Tilth, Seattle)
  • Amanda Jackson, publicist extraordinaire at Ypartnership who also handles Visit Honduras.
  • Anthony Rosas
  • Caitlin Powell
  • Doug Spaulding, my dear travel writer friend, Amanda Castleman's incredibly funny boyfriend, my new friend, and one half of one of my favorite couples to play date with.
  • Geraldine Eisendrath, super friendly/sweet/kind new food and travel writer friend made on Twitter. Follow her on Twitter here or check out her website here.
  • Jennine Sower Salzgeber, a longtime family friend, wife to Clinton Sower (one of my stepmother's former students) and a lovely individual I haven't seen in far too long.
  • Shannon Hurst Lane, fab left-handed Louisiana-based travel writer who runs Travel Tips & Deals. Follow Shannon on Twitter here.
  • Terry Gallagher
  • Timothy Mitchell, a fellow Kickstarter and Pacific Northwest native.
  • Wendy Hartley, big-hearted PR gal for for London Drugs, London Air, and Sonora Resort (a property I lust to visit at some point in this lifetime). Follow Wendy on Twitter here.

No comments: