30 December 2009

15% down. 85% to go. 53 days.

The Global Citizen Project is 15% funded with $3,081 in pledges as of tonight. Big thank you's to the latest backers, Alison Stein Wellner, Margarite Alvarez and Amanda Castleman for your support.

I've been wracking my brain to compile some kind of heartfelt year-end recap (because isn't that what all writers do?), but have been too overwhelmed and distracted by non-stop, keep-me-up-at-night creative forces to put it into a neat and tidy little blog post. Maybe if I give myself some distance from 2009, I'll be better able to make sense of it all and express it in a thoughful, unhurried fashion. One thing is certain: I am extremely grateful for a lot of people, places and things in my life/world. I'm also completely inspired by everyone who's shown support for The Global Citizen Project. I wouldn't be able to do this without you, and I appreciate every single suggestion, creative idea, and pledge you've shared with me. Hopefully, I can pull this project off and I'll be able to share the rewards of the volunteer experiences with you.

Here's wishing you a wonderful 2010 filled with lots of love, happiness and wanderlust. xo

No comments: