29 December 2009

how can you help?

A lot of people have asked me how they can help make The Global Citizen Project happen. Since time is of the essence – I must meet my funding goal of $20K by February 22, 2010 – right now, I’m primarily looking for two things:

Donations to offer as “Rewards.” “Backers” who pledge funds to my project are offered predetermined “Rewards” based on how much money they pledge. For example, if someone donates $100, I can offer a set number of a specific item as an incentive. Rewards would not have to be supplied until if/when I meet my funding goal of $20K in late February 2010. Also, they can be something small (like X amount of $10 gift cards or a singular bigger ticket item that would be offered for larger pledges).

Collaborations on volunteer projects. For example, I worked with Honduras the past few weeks on a promotion to determine my community project in Honduras. People were able to visit Visit Honduras’ Facebook Fan Page to suggest volunteer programs and opportunities. After one week, I whittled the projects down to five and the public voted on which program I will participate with if The Global Citizen Project is funded (Building a Future). The promotion drove a lot of traffic to Honduras’ Facebook Fan Page, as well as to my blog.

If you are interested in working with me in any capacity for The Global Citizen Project or donating an item as a backer “Reward” please let me know ASAP. I’m very committed to making this project happen and need all the help I can get, so if there is any way you are able to, my sincerest thanks in advance.

No comments: