14 December 2009

you have until midnight (est) tonight to vote

I hate to nag, but since it's for a really good cause -- which community project I'll volunteer for in Honduras (if The Global Citizen Project is fully funded by February 22, 2010)-- please accept my apologies in advance.

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate everyone's input, suggestions and advice in helping to first identify a very long list of worthy volunteer programs in Honduras, but then to vote and and actually determine which project I'll serve. The clock's 'a tickin' and you have until midnight tonight (EST) to weigh in on where you think I should go. I posted some information and links on the five organizations a few days ago, but in case you need a refresher, click here. Please a moment and VOTE here.

Since we're on the topic of one of my favorite countries, I thought I'd share a very insightful written article written by Joanna Haugen of Matador Network that talks about the mixed-media messages surrounding the recent/current state of politics in Honduras, Should You Listen to the Travel Warnings about Honduras?

No comments: