03 December 2009

what is kickstarter?

So, I realize most of you probably don't even know what Kickstarter is. I didn't know until a few weeks ago, either, but I'm not exactly the poster child for tech savviness. Before you part with your hard-earned money in the name of The Global Citizen Project, I encourage you to read more about this fantastic new resource to fund creative endeavors here.

I've done plenty of fundraising the old fashioned way (knocking on neighbors' doors, hitting up co-workers, and guilt-tripping the parents) but Kickstarter allows for far-reaching experience that can be as interactive as you want it to be. Plus, it's plain old fun to check the site every day to see what percentage I've reached toward my goal. There you have it. Check it out. It's very cool.

No comments: